Thursday, June 12, 2008

People Look At Me Funny Because I Don't Really Like Rap

Just because I'm black and don't listen to rap ( Hah...that rhymes...aint that somethin lol) people look at me funny. Should I think that the people who think I'm a weirdo because I don't don't like rap music are just a bunch of stereotypical idiots who need to open their mind just a little wider. Yes at one point I did listen to rap. When I was 8 I was like obsessed with 50 Cent and G-Unit....wow!!! I can hear the gunshots in their songs ringing in my ears again. But yeah anyway, I used to absolutely dig that whole I'm so cool because i'm a gangsta and I run this and I run that....whatever dude. 50 Cent always seemed to be a cool guy, sort of like a role model, but now that I'm older and I start to think about it, he's a drug dealing ex-con who swears that he killed people....he even made a movie about it. Wow, he's a real character to look up to...huh? Then there was the time where I was obsessed with the rap group Mobb Deep (who later got signed to G-Unit). After I heard the song Got It twisted...it was like the first time I had fell in love. I searched everywhere on the internet for their music because for some reason I just didn't realize that I could just go out and buy their CD. Then came the song Numb/Encore where Jay-Z and Linkin Park came together o make a beautiful work of art. After that I'll just tell you that nature took its course. I stopped listening to rap over time to the point where I pretty much cut it out of my music diet. But like the health people said, a little from each group is what builds a healthy body... I guess it's kinda weird that I'm comparing music to food....but whatever....anyhow, I like rock but not heavy rock like metal or anything, and I don't like any of the demonic bands that play soft rock. Punk seems to be working out well for me.

No comments: